The Cheshire Half Marathon 5K Foundation and Connecticut’s oldest event management company, JB Sports, are hosting the 5th annual event.
- Event grew to 5,000 (3,000 runners, 2,000 spectators & volunteers) and is now the largest sporting or community event of any kind in Central Connecticut.
- Our event and our participants gave over $100,000 to special needs causes and worthy community organizations.
- Through the festival exhibiting opportunity and the publication of our magazine, we promoted active and healthy lifestyles by creating awareness of activities and wellness products and services.
- Our sponsors received recognition with 70,000 pieces of mail promoting our sponsors.
2016 Event Goals
- Increase event participation and charitable contributions from event.
- Continue to promote healthy living with our Healthy Living Festival and Connecticut Healthy & Active Lifestyles Magazine.
By teaming with JB Sports, our event and race coordinator, we gain access to Connecticut’s largest database of active road race and events mailing list. JB Sports managed some of the largest foot races and fitness walks in the Northeast and the following major CT events:
- Faxon Law New Haven Road Race newhavenroadrace.org Over 7,000 participants annually.
- Faxon Law Fairfield Half Marathon and 5K – fairfieldhalf.org Annually raises over $400,000 for charity – nearly 7,000 participants annually.
- Branford Road Race– branfordroadrace.net Great community event with over 3,000 participants.
We will get the word out to participants and media by:
- Using CT’s largest running and active family database; can e-mail & mail to over 30,000 active households. In 2014, direct emails about event sent to over 50,000 runners across the region. The event was tagged on nearly 150,000 emails sent to runners across the region.
- Distribute race flyers to over 60 regional running stores and to health and fitness clubs throughout CT.
- Media Releases – Create and distribute to over 100 media outlets in CT.
- Solicit and retain media partner(s) – JB Sports brings substantial relationships with a number of media sources including newspapers, television and radio stations in the New Haven and Hartford markets.
Reasons to Advertise/Sponsor a Road Race
- Today’s core runners are highly educated with 75.8% having earned a college diploma (overall U.S. adults = 30.4%) and affluent with 73.3% reporting a household income of more than $75,000 (Higher in CT-U.S. median household income = $52,700).
- A majority of today’s runners carry health & life insurance, have financial resources and are not only physically fit but financially fit as well. Vendors and sponsors get more bang for their buck at running & fitness events than any other venue.
- Today’s runners are on the move. They are the trendsetters, decision makers, leaders, and pacesetters … they use the power of running to transform their lives and the world around them. They also spend money, support the community in charitable ways and support sponsors.
Source: 2013 National Runner Survey (Running USA)
This event promises to be among the top New England road races and a local highlighted and supported event for years to come. We would ask that your business join us in this effort by being a sponsor for this event or consider purchasing an ad in our Healthy & Active Living Magazine that will be mailed to 30,000 area households.
2013 Race Demographics