- The Cheshire Half Marathon & 5K Foundation (nonprofit organization) is formed by parents of special needs children.
- Race has 2,200 participants and becomes the largest inaugural foot race ever held in Connecticut.
- Over $50,000 given to charity by event and event participants.
- Race grows to 3,000 runner and 2,000 spectators.
- Over $100,000 given to charity by event and event participants.
- Naugatuck Savings Bank (became Ion Bank later in 2013) signs on as event’s Title sponsor through 2015.
- Healthy & Active Living Festival drew over 70 vendors and included various health screenings, fun activities and information on products.
- Race committee grows to encompass over 40 members with diverse backgrounds from the community.
- Inaugural children’s fitness & conditioning programs with nutritional educational counseling held in January.
- Health expo combined with fitness and conditioning demonstrations and educational workshops provided by some of the top regional health care providers also held in January.
Cheshire Half Marathon/5K Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit CT Corporation.