- Event adds the Cheshire YMCA Elementary School Challenge awarding the fastest elementary school with a Winners Cup to display in their school for the year!
- Addition of iResults Finishers Certificate and Live Video. Following the race, all participants receive an email with a certificate and video of their finish.
- Event adds RaceJoy that provides runners the ability to be live tracked during races. RaceJoy includes offers progress alerts for spectators and the ability for runners to share live status updates to social media platforms.
- 76 registered with Buddy Hero Half Marathon Relay & 5K, led by Best Buddies CT, to bring awareness of the need for social inclusion, friendship and leadership opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Participants raise $100,000 for signature charities: SARAH Foundation, Abilities Without Boundaries, Best Buddies CT and Cheshire Lions Club.
- Event celebrates 5th year anniversary, offering each runner/walker who participated in all 5 events custom Cheshire Road Races hat and split of Henkell Sparkling Wine.
- Event adds SARAH Foundation as signature charity.
- Addition of the bell at finish for runners who reach personal best to ring.
- Student chapter of Best Buddies at Quinnipiac University creates the Buddy Heroes Relay Team. Each Best Buddies CT runner has an intellectual and/or developmental disability and is paired with a QU Peer without special needs for the 5K or a portion of the half marathon.
- Satellite parking added at Highland Elementary.
- Event adds half marathon relay, attracting nearly 50 relay teams.
- Charitable partners raise $25,000 for National MS Society, Abilities Without Boundaries, Best Buddies CT and Cheshire Lions Club.
- Race committee grows to encompass over 40 members with diverse backgrounds from the community.
- Inaugural children’s fitness & conditioning programs with nutritional educational counseling held in January.
- Health expo combined with fitness and conditioning demonstrations and educational workshops provided by some of the top regional health care providers also held in January.
- Event adds several additional educational and community based programming events centered on healthy and active lifestyles.
- New partnership with Live To Excel that offered fitness and conditioning programs featuring movement based activity and nutritional educational counseling for children ages 5-12.
- Race grows to 3,000 runner and 2,000 spectators.
- Over $100,000 given to charity by event and event participants, nearly doubling 2012 charitable contributions.
- Naugatuck Savings Bank (became Ion Bank later in 2013) signs on as event’s Title sponsor through 2015.
- Healthy & Active Living Festival drew over 70 vendors, including various health screenings, fun activities and information on products.
- Over 80 sponsors/contributors take part in the event, including three of Connecticut’s leading medical and research institutions: UConn Health Center, Yale New Haven Hospital and Quinnipiac Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine.
- Cheshire Half Marathon & 5K Foundation (non-profit organization) is formed by parents of special needs children.
- Race has 2,200 participants and becomes the largest inaugural foot race ever held in Connecticut, surpassing the 1994 Hartford Marathon.
- Over $50,000 given to charity by event and event participants.
Cheshire Half Marathon/5K Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit CT Corporation.